Fishing is just one of the reasons that people love visiting the Holy City, but the time that you visit does matter. Our mission at the Reel Deal is to do all that we can to ensure that you have the best time ever, which means picking and choosing the sweet spots throughout the year to give our clients the best experience possible. We are insiders who know the ins and outs of Charleston.
- There is more to fishing than casting a reel and crossing your fingers. Factors such as water temperature, depth, barometric pressure, bottom composition, and depth all play into your fishing success. Although we are a very eco-friendly company that believes in sustaining our waterways and abundance of marine life by promoting catch and release, we are good with our clients relishing their catch of the day by enjoying it at dinner time. Above all, we adhere to both federal regulations and the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources guidelines.
- All of our vessels are tech-savvy and equipped with catch-enhanced gadgets – sure, it is about the thrill of the hunt, but nothing is thrilling about winging it! We also help with all aspects of the day like baiting, setting your reel, and making sure you have the basic skills to hold your own. We also handle bait and tackle; the entire day’s excursion is included so you can sit back and reel it in.
- Don’t want to carry your big, smelly catch home? It is a great thing to show off your catch – but not when you have to carry home a scaly, smelly fish carcass. We have the solution! Our team will provide fish replicas of the one that didn’t get away; we just need measurements, weight, and of course the amazing photo op, and our taxidermist will recreate the fish for you to show off to friends, family, neighbors, strangers…whoever you want to impress!
- For times when you don’t want to transport a fish in your luggage or you caught something so important and massive that you can’t legally keep it, we provide a way to keep those memories with you for a lifetime – without the real fish part.
- Whether you’re an angler who is looking to target flounder, shark, sheepshead, and monster reds or it’s your child’s first try at fishing, the Reel Deal customizes your charter for maximum enjoyment. Unlike other charters, we don’t just set a course and let it ride.
- Our insider knowledge allows us to take many factors of sea and marine life into consideration and find the sweet spot where your day will be about the catch, catch, catch. Most of our inshore fishing excursions are done via a trolling motor, casting in shallow water, and letting the action begin.
- Sheepshead and reds are typically found in low-tide areas, where they are much easier to catch. As the tide moves in, however, we can switch gears to target flounder and trout, so your day is adventure-packed. When we get to an area where fish are concentrated, we can anchor and turn you loose.
- Although we don’t like to put numbers out there, it is not unusual for a charter to see as many as 30 plus fish reeled aboard in just one outing. Inshore fishing might sound less exciting than deep-sea, but pound for fish-pound, inshore will never leave you fish-less or bored waiting for a fish to take the bait! Inshore fishing charters are ran year round.
Sharks come with their own movie music theme – why? Because they are pretty amazing! Hunting for sharks is one of the biggest thrills that you can have as an adult (or child). We might not suggest that your family charter consists of hunting sharks, but if you are ready for the challenge, we are too. Sharks are frequent swimmers in the Charleston harbor; from sandbars and blacktops to boneheads, if you want to say “I did it,” we can help you do it! Shark charters are typically ran from May through September.
- Nearshore fishing is just what the name implies: we stick close to shore to target live bottom areas and local artificial reefs where fish love to congregate. Our nearshore fishing excursions can span anywhere from 3-20 miles from shore, depending on what your target catch is. Nearshore is ideal for the colder months and for when you have little ones onboard.
- Although we primarily target black sea bass and sheepshead, we also see a fair share of sharks and every size fish in between. Our nearshore fishing charters require a minimum number of hours, but we guarantee those hours will be jam-packed full of catch, release, catch, keep – you will most likely walk away with plenty of fish to freeze and share. Nearshore fishing is an option for charters that run year round.
- Our offshore fishing charter is technically our deep sea bottom fishing, where we go about 20-50 miles from shore. Bottom fishing typically produces an abundance of vermilion snapper, grouper, large triggerfish, porgys, sharks, and amberjacks, although we do sometimes catch mahi-mahi. Offshore fishing might take slightly more patience and time, so pack a cooler and plan on catching and eating the best catches of the day.
- Our experience allows us to find the sweet spot so you can cast and catch. Federal guidelines are strict about what species you can keep and what you have to release, but you don’t have to worry about the legalities – that’s our job!
- Big-game trolling can yield great success, but only if the season is right. When conditions are ripe, you can catch king mackerel, billfish, wahoo, and tuna. Our captains ensure that the fleet is equipped with downriggers, outriggers, and line equipment from Shimano Penn. We require a minimum of ten hours to hunt for big game, and if that is the course, it is always considered a private charter.
- For the real adventurer at heart, we can combine big game and bottom fishing for the best of all fishing worlds; we just need advance notice to devise a plan of attack. If combined, the trip will take us about 40-80 miles away from shore, so a 12-hour window would be better so we aren’t rushing. Prices for a combo trip will vary according to party size and boat requests. Contact us today for more information about reservations.
Group Fishing Charters
- A fishing charter isn’t just about fishing; it is an entire experience, which means who you set sail with matters. If you are considering a corporate excursion, planning a bachelor’s party, or you want to put away screen time and spend some face-to-face time with the family, we have the perfect charter for you. Our groups range anywhere from six to as many as 50 passengers. We provide everything you need – you just bring the enthusiasm.
- Our charter packages are tailored to suit your needs. You can choose from offshore, inshore, or any other type of excursion that floats your boat (yes, pun intended). Have a picky group? Let some inshore it while you do a little offshoring; we can accommodate it all. If you aren’t the party planner, put us in touch with who is and we will work out the details.
- Just be assured that when you show up, we will be ready, equipped, and so enthusiastic about a good time that we will be brimming with it. Our friendly and accommodating staff is available from 8 am to 8 pm to answer your questions, work with you to set a course, or handle any other issues, logistical or otherwise, that you have. At the Reel Deal, your fun factor is our top priority, so the sky’s the limit!
- Dolphins just evoke happiness and serenity. Watching them play in the water, show off their skills, and form connections with those above the surface is the experience of a lifetime. We often see them ride along in the waves, stop by to make an appearance, and pop up at the wildest times, so have your camera ready! If we are lucky, which we often are, dolphins will be a big part of the day.
- Our ecosystem works in perfect harmony, even when no one is watching! Our captains are not only Charleston harbor professionals; they love to share their wealth of knowledge. We offer a unique perspective of the Charleston waterways from growing up here and enjoying the watersday in and out.
- During your eco-tour, we will take you to see secluded islands where you can go hermit crab searching and find pristine seashells that haven’t been tossed and damaged. If you look well enough, you might find a shark’s tooth or more; you can be confident that anywhere you look, you will see and learn things you never knew about salt marshes, oceans, rivers, and how everything plays into these amazing things we call Earth. Take home a little knowledge and
have a great time sightseeing at the same time.
Finding a shark’s tooth is like finding a four-leaf clover, only without having to search as hard. Our crew will take you to hidden treasures and teach you how to find shed teeth. If you have little kids, you’ll see their faces light up with the thrill of the hunt. Let them get out and run around to explore instead of being captive on the boat. Much like an Easter Egg hunt, they will come home with a full basket, so make sure to bring a carrying bag.
Our enthusiastic staff will do all that we can to welcome you aboard, and we truly see each charter as our first. We love the Holy City and know you will too. We want to show you sights and scenes that you can’t see from the shoreline. There are so many wondrous things to see and experience – we are excited for you! From Shem Creek to Cooper River Ridge, our crew has the inside knowledge to show you what not many others have ever seen. So what are you waiting for? Let’s see what we can see together.